Friday 20 April 2012

Beauty of the Karoo

three sister mountains http://www.flickr.com/photos/flowcomm/4527380595/
Most people think that the beauty of South Africa is the Table Mountain, Robbin Island, beaches and so forth: that is not true because there are hidden place like the Karoo in the Southern part of South Africa. Places like the Karoo there is barely anything, I mean there is no constructions but it is where all the wealth and beauty of the South Africa is. The different types of animals which are there, springbok, cows, goat,  birds and so forth. I was in shock when I saw a springbok crossing the road in front of the car.
the three sister mountain http://www.sa-venues.com/attractionsnc/three-sisters.php
The beautiful mountains, the shape, the size and the height of the mountain. The mountains that caught my attention is there Three Sister Koppie . The Three Sister Koppie is between Beaufort West and Hanover, these mountains are the most beautiful mountains that I have ever seen. They look the exactly the same, the size and height. What is actually beautiful about Three Sisters mountain is the top part of the mountains, looks like a tea cup that is why is named” three sister koppie”. Initially the name is referred to the top part of the mountain.  There is no place like the Karoo in the N1 rout when traveling, make sure you do not sleep so that you will see the beauty of South Africa. 
There is no need for us to go elsewhere to see amazing thing because we have the most beautiful country so before you go and see other countries take a short left and enjoy the beauty of your own country. Proudly South African.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photograph Olwethu Sigenu ...I am writing my book which part of the book covers the route I travelled back in 2009. I want to know from you whether you would be kind enough to allow me to copy this photograph for my book. It is a fantastic photograph. If you have a problem with that it is fine I will then source another photograph of the Three Sisters... Regards Dane

    ReplyDelete