Friday 24 February 2012

curvy is not embraced

curvy vs skinny.
http://thisismaly.com/

I don’t know if it is a co-incidence but whenever I gain weight, there will be ads and stories about how to lose weight and I find it so unfair because the only time I see these ads and stories is only once.  When do they have an ads or write about “HOW TO GAIN WEIGHT” because there a lot of people who need to gain weight out there. This is Africa and we are built with butt, hips and bust overall we are naturally curvy. What are they really portraying to those children who grow up with meat on their bones just like me, are we suppose not to like the way we are?  Does this mean a person should be a size 2 to be beautiful, really now? I find these ads really offensive and they should be done in Europe or America but not in Africa because it is very hard for me to explain to my 8-year-old cousin why she is curvy and Ming-Lee is not like her. curvy people are placed in the dark corner while I think they should be out there in the lime light.

No comments:

Post a Comment